The aim of the Game Gig is to create a fun, exciting, original game from scratch in less than 12 hours. We've created a few simple rules to help the process go smoothly for everyone.
- Please respect and look after the Computer Lab. Note that no food or drinks are permitted in the Intel Laboratory, and we will be checking!
- You can work on your game in a team of up to four people.
- Game-making commences at 10:30 and finishes at 20:00.
- You are free to do whatever you like with your game after the Game Gig.
- You are free to use any tools or libraries available to you to create your game. You can start with any pre-existing code or content that you like and you are free to use third-party assets, as long as you let the judges know what you created yourself and what you didn't. Failure to do so could risk disqualification.
- It's your responsibilty to make sure that you have the right to use third-party assets (for example, that they are public domain or available under an appropriate license).
- Be kind and considerate to your fellow hackers and our volunteers. We're all here to have fun! By participating in the hackathon, you agree to abide by this Code of Conduct.